Please complete the form below. Fields marked with * are required. Please do not use all CAPS.
Wine Spectator's Restaurant Awards 2021
Before you start the online portion of the application, please be aware of the following:
- The application period for this year’s awards will be January 5th-March 2nd.
- The entry fee for all applicants is $200, reduced from $475 last year, as part of our effort to support the restaurant industry in these challenging times.
- Renewal Applicants: This will "freeze" your award level for the current award season. Please note all renewal applicants must still fill out the online portion of the application to correct any informational changes. We ask that you upload a digital copy of your wine list for our records, however it will not impact your award level.
- New Applicants: Please note that all new applicants must fill out the online portion of the application as well as upload or mail in a wine list, menu and cover letter (optional).
- You will be able to pay the application fee by using our secure online credit card form, or submitting a check made payable to M. Shanken Communications. If you submit a check by mail you MUST include your information form, or something that indicates which restaurant(s) the check is covering.
- Please have your mode of payment ready before you begin the application.
- In addition, you have the option of uploading up to three images of your restaurant as well as a headshot of your restaurant's wine director or sommelier during this stage of the application process. Please have the images ready before you begin.
- To qualify for an award, a wine list must present complete, accurate information, including vintages and appellations for all selections. Complete producer names and correct spellings are mandatory, and the overall presentation of the list is also considered.