This year's Top 100 takes in wines from 14 countries, with the U.S. leading the way with 32 wines and California fielding the largest contingent from any region. The 2016 list also emphasizes value, including 29 wines at $20 or less.
Web Exclusive Content
TOP 100 WINES OF 2016 Join Wine Spectator's senior editors as they discuss this year's Top 10 in our annual video series. Plus, discover more original content. Find matching recipes and more in-depth articles related to this year's Top 10. Take a look through wine history with our full set of Top 100 lists back to 1988. And don't forget to enter our free Top 100 sweepstakes for a chance to win a bottle of each of the Top 10 of 2015!
HOLIDAY PARTY PLANNING We've recruited leading chefs to share some of their favorite dishes for seasonal entertaining, while Wine Spectator editors recommend crowd-pleasing wines that won't strain your holiday budget.
2016 VINTAGE REPORTS What factors affected the expected quality and character of wines from key regions in the Northern Hemisphere? Find out in our in-depth harvest news coverage.
WINE SPECTATOR VIDEO Watch all our great wine tips, winemaker interviews and tastings on your desktop, laptop, tablet or phone. Tune in each week for a new mobile-friendly video:
- Matching Magic—José Andrés' Tomato Tartare: The irrepressible chef returned to the 2016 Wine Experience for another no-holds-barred pairing competition. This time he makes a stand for a vegetable-based dish. Whose wine pick wins out—restaurateur Piero Selvaggio's or executive editor Thomas Matthews'?
- From Star Wars to Stellar Pinot—George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch: Winemaker Scott McLeod shares the scoop on California's little-known Marin County and its distinctive style of Pinot Noir, along with some lore about the filmmaker's wine estate.
- In the Tasting Room at Wine Spectator: Find out how we evaluate wines in our blind tastings. Take a tour inside our New York tasting room with some of our editors and tasting coordinators.
GIFT IDEA Share WineSpectator.com with family and friends. In addition to access to our full wine ratings database, they will enjoy:
- Early Notice of Top Ratings: Our Insider and Advance e-mails, plus our twice-weekly Tasting Highlights.
- Cellar Management Tools: Create shopping lists, track purchases and more with the Personal Wine List.
- Education: Take Wine Spectator School's 10 online courses, from the ABCs of Tasting to seminars on food pairing and more.
- Recipes: Find hundreds of great matches for the wines you want to serve, from easy dinners to impressive holiday meals.