Thomas Rivers Brown
"One thing I realized about wine is that you can never know everything there is to know. That appealed to my intellectual curiosity."—Thomas Rivers Brown
Web Exclusive Content
NEW YORK WINE EXPERIENCE Join us Oct. 18–20 for this year's great lineup of tastings and seminars. Our full coverage of the event will bring the world's best winemakers and chefs to you with photos, articles and videos.
GLOSSARY OF WINE TERMS Unfamiliar with a word on a label or in a tasting note? Check our glossary.
WINE CHALLENGE From the basics of tasting to trivia about your favorite grapes, regions and styles, test your knowledge of all things wine by taking our quizzes. Every two weeks, we post a new set of questions.
WINE SPECTATOR VIDEO Watch all our wine tips, winemaker interviews and tastings on your desktop, laptop, tablet or phone.
- 2018 Video Contest Winner Revealed: The votes are in. After another year of strong entries, our Video Contest finalists and winner have been announced. Watch them, and learn more about the people who brought these stories to life.
- Green Harvesting: In the middle of the growing season, workers in Napa Valley's Eisele Vineyard remove clusters of Cabernet grapes from the weakest shoots on each vine. Winemaker Hélène Mingot explains this fine-tuning process.
- A Perfect Match: Roasted Cauliflower and Nero d'Avola: Find out more about this intriguing pairing—and get the recipe from chef Perry Hendrix of Avec in Chicago.
RECIPE SEARCH Plan your holiday meal with the help of our pairing tool. Planning to serve a Bordeaux-style red? We'll turn up ideal recipes such as roast prime rib, grilled rack of lamb and French onion soup. Prefer Chardonnay? You'll find dozens of salad, seafood and poultry dishes. We've got you covered from starters to sides to sweets.
379,000 EXPERT WINE REVIEWS Wondering if you'll like a particular wine? Or whether one you've already purchased is ready to drink? Our editors' complete reviews can be found in our site's Wine Ratings database.
ADVANCE RATINGS NEWSLETTERS Get early updates on the smartest buys and hottest collectibles from our latest tastings.
- Insider: Weekly reviews of highly rated wines before they sell out.
- Advance: Sneak peeks at top picks from upcoming issues of the magazine.
- Ratings Flash: This email alert will let you know when we've added new reviews from your favorite wine regions to our Wine Ratings search. Just sign up and enter your preferred regions.