The Top 100 Wines of 2017
Our Top 100 of 2017 includes time-tested vintners, new labels, up-and-coming regions and a diverse range of grape varieties—a microcosm of the wine world today. These are producers to watch in the coming months and years.
The Top 100
Wine of the Year
Top 100 at a Glance
Profiles of Wines Nos. 2 to 100
Top 100 by Region and Variety
10 Years of Top 10s
Wines of the Year 1988 to 2016
Values in the 2017 Top 100
Tasting Notes for the Top 100 Wines
New Directions in Argentina
Catching up with Schramsberg's Hugh Davies
100 Top Values
Wine Lover's Library
Ste. Michelle Estates at a Glance
The Road Ahead for California Wine
Choice "Cheesy" Gifts
A Second Act
Pinning Down the Dream
Spanish Diversity, Must-Try Malbec, French Finds
Honoring Leaders of the Wine Industry
Vintage 2017: Harvest Report
In the Fires' Wake
My Wines of the Year
One Company, Many Wines
Classic-Scoring Wines of 2017
FAQ: Host for the Holidays
U.S. Sparkling Wines: A free chart offers an alphabetical list of all U.S. Sparkling wines reviewed for the tasting report in this issue.
Argentina: A free chart offers an alphabetical list of all Argentinean wines reviewed for the tasting report in this issue.
Web Exclusive Content
TOP 100 COUNTDOWN Join Wine Spectator's senior editors as they discuss this year's Top 10 in our annual video series. Plus, discover more original content. Find matching recipes and in-depth articles related to this year's Top 10. Take a look through wine history with our full set of Top 100 lists back to 1988.
ENTER THE TOP 10 OF 2016 SWEEPSTAKES! Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to win a bottle of each of the Top 10 wines of 2016. Enter at www.winespectator.com/sweepstakes.
HOLIDAY PARTY PLANNING We've recruited leading chefs to share some of their favorite dishes for seasonal entertaining, while Wine Spectator editors recommend crowd-pleasing wines that won't strain your holiday budget.
WINE SPECTATOR VIDEO Watch all our great wine tips, winemaker interviews and tastings on your desktop, laptop, tablet or phone. Tune in each week for a new mobile-friendly video.
- How We Pick the Top 10: Watch our senior editors at work and find out what it takes to become the Wine of the Year.
- Ste. Michelle Wine Estates Turns 50: Executive editor Thomas Matthews interviews Ste. Michelle CEO Ted Baseler on the occasion of the company's 50th anniversary.
365,000 EXPERT WINE REVIEWS Consult our full database of reviews in our site's mobile-friendly Wine Ratings search. Find wines by score, price, region, grape, case production and more.
GIFT IDEA Share WineSpectator.com with family and friends. In addition to access to our full Wine Ratings database, they will enjoy:
- Early Notice of Top Ratings: Our Insider and Advance emails, plus our twice-weekly Tasting Highlights.
- Cellar Management Tools: Create shopping lists, track purchases and more with the Personal Wine List.
- Education: Take Wine Spectator School's 10 online courses, from the ABCs of Tasting to seminars on food pairing and more.
- Recipes: Find hundreds of great matches for the wines you want to serve, from easy dinners to impressive holiday meals.