The Top 100
The superb 2015 and 2016 vintages in Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Rhône Valley, Tuscany and other Italian regions fuel this year's Top 100. And though drought-stricken, California also fielded many terrific wines.
Web Exclusive Content
TOP 100 COUNTDOWN Join Wine Spectator's senior editors as they discuss this year's Top 10 in our annual video series. Plus, discover more original content. Find matching recipes and in-depth articles related to this year's Top 10. Take a look through wine history with our full set of Top 100 lists back to 1988.
ENTER OUR TOP 100 SWEEPSTAKES! Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to win a bottle of each of the Top 10 wines of 2017.
HOLIDAY PARTY PLANNING We've recruited leading chefs to share some of their favorite dishes for seasonal entertaining, while Wine Spectator editors recommend crowd-pleasing wines that won't strain your holiday budget.
WINE SPECTATOR VIDEO Watch all our great wine tips, winemaker interviews and tastings on your desktop, laptop, tablet or phone. Tune in each week for a new mobile-friendly video.
- How We Pick the Top 10: Watch our senior editors at work and find out what it takes to become the Wine of the Year.
- Wine 101—How to Decant: What even is decanting? Why is it done? How does it work? Which wines should be decanted, and for how long? We've got all the answers!
- In the Vineyard at Snowden: At Napa Valley's Snowden Vineyards, winemaker Diana Snowden Seysses explains what she's looking for in her late-ripening Petit Verdot grapes.
- A Perfect Match: Seared Branzino with Champagne: Find out more about this intriguing pairing—and get the recipe from chef Chris Flint of NoMad Los Angeles.
GIFT IDEA Share WineSpectator.com with family and friends. In addition to access to our full Wine Ratings database, they will enjoy:
- Early Notice of Top Ratings: Our Insider and Advance emails, plus our twice-weekly Tasting Highlights.
- Cellar Management Tools: Create shopping lists, track purchases and more with the Personal Wine List.
- Recipes: Find hundreds of great matches for the wines you want to serve, from easy dinners to impressive holiday meals.