Women Chefs of San Francisco
From tasting menus to farm-to-table, today's women chefs stand on the shoulders of pioneers. Among the modern leaders is Dominique Crenn, whose ingredient-driven restaurants span from fine dining to small plates.
Revolution by the Bay
Dominique Crenn: Brioche
Melissa Perello: Caldo Verde
Alice Waters: Pollo al Mattone
Leaders Around the Nation
Red Burgundy Alphabetical Listing
Chile Alphabetical Listing
Age of Exploration
Welcome to Wine Country
A Taste for Los Angeles
Copper Crackdown Vexes Vintners
Champagne Roederer Buys Sonoma's Merry Edwards
Italian Authorities Uncover Counterfeit Tignanello Scheme
Spend the Night in a Wine Barrel
Sebastian Maniscalco Stays Thirsty
A DIY Cellar of Stories
West Coast Reds, Old World Whites and Southern Hemisphere Finds
Tequila's Ebb and Flow
Bordeaux's Liquid Gold Country
White Asparagus with Sauvignon Blanc
Diamond in the Rough
Tuning Up to Wine
Setting the Table in San Francisco
Red Burgundy: A free chart offers an alphabetical list of all red Burgundy wines reviewed for the tasting report in this issue.
Chile: A free chart offers an alphabetical list of all Chilean wines reviewed for the tasting report in this issue.
Web Exclusive Content
MOTHER'S DAY TIPS Planning a big day for Mom? Watch for our annual feature in early May when we'll talk to a top chef and get a recipe and wine picks. Find more recipes and pairings with our biweekly 8 & $20 feature, showcasing easy-to-prepare weeknight recipes matched to great wines priced at $20 or less. Plus, sign up to receive regular recipe suggestions in our free, weekly Sips & Tips email newsletter.
GRAND TOUR This spring, Wine Spectator hits the road with the world's finest wineries, making stops in Las Vegas (April 27), Chicago (May 2) and Miami (May 10) to pour more than 240 top wines. If you can't join us this time, check out our coverage of who was there.
NEED-TO-KNOW NEWS For wine lovers and the trade, our website is the place to go to find out which big-name wineries have been sold, plus the latest news on health, wine crime and much more. Keep up with our News section or follow us on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
WINE SPECTATOR VIDEO Watch all our great wine tips, winemaker interviews and tastings on your desktop, laptop, tablet or phone.
- Spotlight: Adam Lee of Siduri: The California-based winemaker discusses what wine has taught him about life, who his wine hero is, and the future of Pinot Noir.
- Renewal and Determination: Schrader Cellars Cabernet: Napa Cabernet all-stars Fred Schrader and Thomas Rivers Brown present six wines from Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard at the 2018 New York Wine Experience and reflect on the winery's early days.
- A Perfect Match: White Asparagus with Sauvignon Blanc: Find out more about this intriguing pairing—and get the recipe from chef Abram Bissell of the Modern in New York.
2018 BORDEAUX BARREL TASTINGS Bordeaux's 2018 growing season got off to a rough start, with heavy rains endangering the vintage. But the summer brought lots of sunshine, and an ideal harvest season has vintners optimistic. Senior editor James Molesworth made his annual trip to Bordeaux to taste the young wines from barrel. Which 2018s will be worth buying as futures? Follow his reports highlighting top châteaus and estates to watch. Plus, get his scores and tasting notes for hundreds of Bordeaux reds, dry whites and sweet wines.
RATINGS ALERTS Spring into the season with early updates on the smartest buys and hottest collectibles from our editors' latest tastings— delivered straight to your inbox!
- Insider: Weekly Reviews of highly rated wines before they sell out
- Advance: Peeks at picks from upcoming issues of Wine Spectator
- Ratings Flash: Sign up and we'll let you know when we've added new reviews to our Wine Ratings search from your selected favorite wine regions.