California has responded to price pressure from abroad with an increasing number of bargains, while in elite Old World regions such as Piedmont, a string of excellent harvests has driven up quality for lower-priced categories.
Web Exclusive Content
WINE PICKS Keep on top of exciting editors' picks with our free email newsletters. Sips & Tips features a top value Wine of the Week. The twice-monthly Collecting letter highlights collectibles and cellar-worthy wines. Our Private Guide to Dining spotlights great bottles to choose from restaurant wine lists.
VALENTINE'S DAY The way to anyone's heart is a night of great food and wine, and we've got just what you need: Try a recipe from one of the country's top chefs, start and end the date with outstanding sparkling and sweet wines, and get our tips on chocolate candies and other desserts. Or, check out one of nearly 3,800 restaurants that hold a Restaurant Award for their wine list.
Wine Spectator VIDEO Watch all our wine tips, winemaker interviews and tastings on your desktop, laptop, tablet or phone. Tune in each week for a new mobile-friendly video.
- Mountain Malbec Magic: How do the Andes help define Argentine Malbec? Winemaker Sebastián Zuccardi of Familia Zuccardi speaks to Wine Spectator's Kim Marcus.
- A Perfect Match: Baeckeoffe With Riesling: Find out more about this classic Old World pairing—and get the recipe from chef Gabriel Kreuther.
RATINGS ALERTS Start 2019 off right by getting early updates on the smartest buys and hottest collectibles from our editors' latest tastings—delivered right to your inbox!
- INSIDER: Weekly reviews of highly rated wines before they sell out.
- ADVANCE: Peeks at picks from upcoming issues of Wine Spectator.
- RATINGS FLASH: Sign up and we'll alert you when we add new reviews to our Wine Ratings search from your selected regions.
- VALUE WINES: Check our site regularly for updated quick lists of Top Values, Easy Finds and Wineries for Values. And don't forget to download our free Xvalues app for iOS!