Chardonnay from California is America’s favorite white wine. It’s delicious, dependable and increasingly diverse in style, with crisp, mineral-driven versions; opulent, buttery bottlings; and bold and balanced wines reminiscent of Burgundy.
Web Exclusive Content
WINE SPECTATOR'S 13TH ANNUAL VIDEO CONTEST: Share your wine story to compete for great prizes! Submit your shorts to Wine Spectator's annual video contest and you could win tickets to our spectacular Wine Experience weekend or a Grand Tasting. Entry deadline is Monday, Aug. 19. Check out the rules and previous years' finalists online.
FOURTH OF JULY PARTIES Bring some culinary fireworks to your festivities with a tempting new summer recipe and crowd-pleasing wines to pair with it.
WINE SPECTATOR VIDEO Watch all our informative wine tips, winemaker interviews and tastings on your desktop, laptop, tablet or phone.
- Spotlight On: Hampton Water's Jon Bon Jovi and Jesse Bongiovi: Rosé season is in full swing—a perfect time to catch up with the father-son duo behind this French rosé.
- In the Vineyard at MacDonald Napa Old Vines: Napa Valley vintners Alex and Graeme MacDonald talk about vineyard geology, cover crops and some of the oldest Cabernet vines in Napa Valley.
- A Perfect Match: Salmon with White Burgundy: Find out more about this intriguing pairing—and get the recipe from chef Russell Klein of Meritage in St. Paul, Minn.
RATINGS ALERTS Early updates on the smartest buys and hottest collectibles from our editors' latest tastings—delivered right to your inbox!
- Insider: Weekly reviews of highly rated wines before they sell out.
- Advance: Peeks at picks from upcoming issues of Wine Spectator.
- Ratings Flash: Sign up and we'll let you know when we've added new reviews to our Wine Ratings search from your selected favorite wine regions.
388,000+ WINE REVIEWS Use our powerful online search to find the latest scores and tasting notes, check your cellared wines to keep tabs on their recommended drink windows and their latest auction prices, or delve into the historical performance of the world's great collectibles.