“When the announcement came that we received the Grand Award, we were closed for the summer months as we do every year. Upon our reopening, we saw a significant increase in business from years past in a short amount of time. We also noticed a distinctive number of guests specifically interested in our wine program. The visibility promoted by receiving the award is extraordinary.”
“The Palm Restaurants are proud to be granted the Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator. The screening process is a solid barometer for making sure that our wine list is built of a ‘well-chosen selection of quality producers’, that fully complements our food, atmosphere and service standards.
“We have seen a very large increase in wine sales since receiving the award. It’s really exciting to see people from all corners of the world discovering the restaurant as a result of the award.”
“Since winning the Grand Award we have gained exposure to major markets in the U.S. which resulted with an influx of guests who share our passion of wine, making our daily work lives even more rewarding. Our staff interest in wine and spirits keeps on surging along with their knowledge, allowing us to deliver better and better service to our guests.”
Entering the Restaurant Awards
Attention restaurateurs: If you've got a good wine list, you deserve the credibility and publicity that comes with a Wine Spectator Restaurant Award. The links below tell you everything you need to know about our Restaurant Awards program, including how to enter, how to renew and the criteria for each award level.
Applications submitted Dec. 4, 2018 through Dec. 31, 2018 (11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time) will benefit from an “early-bird” entry fee of $350. For applications received Jan. 1, 2019 through Feb. 1, 2019, the entry fee will be $425.
Renewals: Restaurants that earned a Wine Spectator award in 2018
The application window is now closed. The 2019 application window will open on December 4, 2018. If you'd like to be notified when when the application window for the 2019 Restaurant Awards opens, please provide your contact information here.
There are two steps to the Renewal Application process: completing the online portion and mailing in materials.
1. Online Portion
For this step, you will need:
- A form of payment for the entry fee
- Three images of the restaurant (optional)
- Headshot of the restaurant's wine director or sommelier (optional)
A link to the 2019 online form will be available on this page beginning on Dec. 4, 2018. At that page, please complete the following steps for "Renewal Applicants:"
- Select your restaurant from the drop down box using the same restaurant name as shown on your restaurant's profile page at Restaurants.WineSpectator.com
- Select your restaurant to receive an email with a link to your renewal application form
- Update your restaurant information and complete the online application portion
2. Mailing in materials
After you complete the online portion of the application, you must print, sign and mail the completed information form to us with the following required application documents:
- Cover letter (This can describe your storage conditions, inventory, pricing and any other information you feel is relevant to your wine program. This cover letter must be in English.)
- Current wine list
- Current dinner menu
- Headshot photo release form (if applicable)
- Check (if you choose to not pay online by credit card)
New Entries: Restaurants that do not earn a Wine Spectator award in 2018 or are applying for the first time
- What to know before you apply
- Start the online application: Follow directions for "New Applications"
- FAQs about new entries
Where to Find Award Winners
- Restaurant Awards online search: Find your listing
- Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards free iOS app
- 2017 Dining Guide: In the Aug. 31 issue
- Wine Spectator’s Private Guide to Dining e-mail newsletter
Order your Aug. 31 issues of Wine Spectator for a complete listing of all the Restaurant Awards winners.
- Order copies or digital editions of the Aug. 31, 2017 issue of Wine Spectator (available on newsstands July 18)
- For bulk orders of five or more copies of any Aug. 31 issues of Wine Spectator, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-344-0763.
If you have not received a message by Monday, November 5, 2018, email us at email@example.com.