“When the announcement came that we received the Grand Award, we were closed for the summer months as we do every year. Upon our reopening, we saw a significant increase in business from years past in a short amount of time. We also noticed a distinctive number of guests specifically interested in our wine program. The visibility promoted by receiving the award is extraordinary.”
“My recommendation would be for every restaurant with a focus on wine as a part of their dining experience to apply for the Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards. An independent review of your wine list is essential for success, and Wine Spectator is the most recognized and respected source available."
“We are proud to have received recognition from Wine Spectator since 2002 for our outstanding wine programs and for the work our amazing sommelier team put into maintaining a world-class wine list. We have always strived to be a destination for a memorable culinary and wine experience. It takes a lot of effort and resources to achieve an award...
Anybody who has the ambition and knowledge of wine should strive to win a Wine Spectator Award.”
“Since winning the Grand Award we have gained exposure to major markets in the U.S. which resulted with an influx of guests who share our passion of wine, making our daily work lives even more rewarding. Our staff interest in wine and spirits keeps on surging along with their knowledge, allowing us to deliver better and better service to our guests.”
Entering the Restaurant Awards
Attention restaurateurs: If you've got a good wine list, you deserve the credibility and publicity that comes with a Wine Spectator Restaurant Award. The links below tell you everything you need to know about our Restaurant Awards program, including how to enter, how to renew and the criteria for each award level.
The application window is now closed.
Renewals: Restaurants that earned a Wine Spectator award in 2018
There are two steps to the Renewal Application process: completing the online portion and mailing in materials.
1. Online Portion
For this step, you will need:
- A form of payment for the entry fee
- Three images of the restaurant (optional)
- Headshot of the restaurant's wine director or sommelier (optional)
A link to the 2019 online form will be available on this page beginning on Dec. 4, 2018. At that page, please complete the following steps for "Renewal Applicants:"
- Select your restaurant from the drop down box using the same restaurant name as shown on your restaurant's profile page at Restaurants.WineSpectator.com
- Select your restaurant to receive an email with a link to your renewal application form
- Update your restaurant information and complete the online application portion
2. Mailing in materials
After you complete the online portion of the application, you must print, sign and mail the completed information form to us with the following required application documents:
- Cover letter (This can describe your storage conditions, inventory, pricing and any other information you feel is relevant to your wine program. This cover letter must be in English.)
- Current wine list
- Current dinner menu
- Headshot photo release form (if applicable)
- Check (if you choose to not pay online by credit card)
New Entries: Restaurants that do not earn a Wine Spectator award in 2018 or are applying for the first time
Where to Find Award Winners
- Restaurant Awards online search: Find your listing
- Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards free iOS app
- 2018 Dining Guide: In the Aug. 31 issue
- Wine Spectator’s Private Guide to Dining e-mail newsletter
Order your Aug. 31 issues of Wine Spectator for a complete listing of all the Restaurant Awards winners.
- Order copies or digital editions of the Aug. 31, 2018 issue of Wine Spectator (available on newsstands July 18)
- For bulk orders of five or more copies of any Aug. 31 issues of Wine Spectator, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-344-0763.
For questions, concerns or comments, please email us at email@example.com.