If you’re already planning to be out and about this summer traveling, tasting or dining out, or just kicking back on your deck or patio with a glass of wine, it’s easy for you to enter this year's short video contest! Just show us your creativity and share your love of wine. Tell us what wine means to you, what first sparked your passion for it, the most interesting things you’ve learned about it, how you've been enjoying it this year or whatever else inspires you!
For examples, see the winners, finalists and honorable mentions from past years' video contests or check out the free videos posted at WineSpectator.com.
All entries must be submitted by Monday, Aug. 29, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Who Can Enter?
Anyone can enter—whether you’re a wine lover, work in the wine or restaurant industry, or are a student of film, culinary arts or viticulture and enology. You do not need to be a pro videographer. You do not need a pro camera setup. (A past runner-up was shot entirely with an iPhone.) You do need to be at least 21 years old.
Can Wineries Enter?
Videos submitted by winery owners, winemakers or other winery staff are welcome as long as the product placement is minimal, but winery/brand advertisements are not eligible. A couple low-key label or bottle shots are fine; videos will not be chosen as finalists if they open and/or close with branding shots and/or if they repeatedly splash the brand on the screen. If you are part of a winery team, tell us a story, educate us, capture our hearts and, most important, share why you love wine.
For a great example of a winery-focused story, check out the 2018 first-place winner “The Soul of Barolo.”
Criteria: We’re looking for creativity and great storytelling as much as strong production quality.
Picking the Finalists: Wine Spectator editors will select the best videos, which will be posted at WineSpectator.com on Monday, Sept. 12.
Picking the Winner: Visitors to WineSpectator.com will vote for their favorite video among the Finalists during the voting period, which runs from Monday, Sept. 12, through Sunday, Sept. 18 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Ballot stuffing is prohibited. Compensation may not be offered in return for votes.
Announcing the Winner: The second- and third-place recipients, along with any honorable mentions, will be revealed Tuesday, Sept. 20, at WineSpectator.com. The first-place video will be revealed on Wednesday, Sept. 21.
1. Grand Prize: The creator of the winning video will receive a pair of full event registrations to either Wine Spectator's 2022 Wine Experience in New York City on Oct. 20–22, 2022, or the 2023 Wine Experience. Note: The Grand Prize winner will not receive a Finalist Prize in addition to the Grand Prize.
2. Finalist Prize: The finalists, as chosen by our editors, will each receive a pair of tickets to one of the following events of their choice: any one of the 2023 Grand Tour tastings (dates and locations TBD) or one of the two evening Grand Tastings at the 2022 Wine Experience in New York City, either Oct. 20 or 21. Finalists' videos will be posted at WineSpectator.com.
3. Entry Prize: Everyone who submits a video judged by our editors as a valid submission will receive a 12-month full-access membership to WineSpectator.com, which includes more than 400,000 wine reviews. Current members will receive an extension of their membership. (Limit one entry prize per entrant.)
- Length: Videos must be a minimum of 30 seconds long and must not exceed 2 minutes.
- The entrant, all persons associated with the video production, and anyone appearing in the video who interacts with wine must be 21 years of age or older. (Proof of age may be requested.)
- Videos must not contain any copyrighted material (including copyrighted background music) unless the entrant has the rights to the material.
- Videos must be the entrant's original creation.
- Videos cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Wine Spectator.
- Wine Spectator is not responsible for any wine reviews or opinions contained in entrants' videos.
- Videos must be in the English language or subtitled.
- If your video includes persons other than yourself, you must have consent from those persons to appear in your video and in this contest.
- Wine Spectator reserves the right to reject, not to use or make available for public viewing, or at any time remove any video that Wine Spectator finds unsuitable for any reason at its sole discretion.
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- The Finalist who becomes the Winner will receive the Grand Prize (and not the Finalist Prize).
- All submitted videos may be used for promotional purposes by Wine Spectator.
The video file size must be no larger than 500MB.
We accept these video file formats: mp4 or mov.
How to Submit Your Video
It's easy. Complete the short entry form and upload your video.
Email us at email@example.com.