Attention restaurateurs: If you've got a good wine list, you deserve the credibility and publicity that comes with a Wine Spectator Restaurant Award. The links below tell you everything you need to know about our Restaurant Awards program, including how to enter, how to renew and the criteria for each award level.
The application window is now closed. Applications for 2020 will open on Dec. 3, 2019.
Renewals: Restaurants that earned a Wine Spectator award in 2019
There are two steps to the Renewal Application process: completing the online portion and mailing in materials.
1. Online Portion
For this step, you will need:
- A form of payment for the entry fee
- Three images of the restaurant (optional)
- Headshot of the restaurant's wine director or sommelier (optional)
A link to the 2020 online form will be available on this page beginning on Dec. 3, 2019. At that page, please complete the following steps for "Renewal Applicants:"
- Select your restaurant from the drop down box using the same restaurant name as shown on your restaurant's profile page at Restaurants.WineSpectator.com
- Select your restaurant to receive an email with a link to your renewal application form
- Update your restaurant information and complete the online application portion
2. Mailing in materials
After you complete the online portion of the application, you must print, sign and mail the completed information form to us with the following required application documents:
- Cover letter (This can describe your storage conditions, inventory, pricing and any other information you feel is relevant to your wine program. This cover letter must be in English.)
- Current wine list
- Current dinner menu
- Headshot photo release form (if applicable)
- Check (if you choose to not pay online by credit card)