The application window is now open. Applications for the 2020 Restaurant Awards will be accepted Dec. 3, 2019 - Feb. 3, 2020.
This form is not compatible with every version of Internet Explorer. If you have difficulties with it, please use either Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or another browser.
What to know before you apply:
Make sure your wine list meets these basic requirements:
- The list must provide vintages, appellations and prices for all selections—including wines by the glass. Please note that spelling and overall presentation and appearance of the list is taken into consideration. We require at least 90 wine selections in order to be considered for an award.
- The submitted wines list must be an exact copy of what is currently in use in your restaurant. Lists entered reflect what your customers will see and have access to.
- The restaurant must be open to the public as of the program’s deadline of Feb. 3. Entries from private clubs are not eligible.
- For more information, please refer to About the Award Levels and our FAQs.
After you have completed your new-entry application form, you will be asked to print it and mail it in (faxed and e-mailed entries will not be accepted) with the following items:
- Applications submitted Dec. 3, 2019 through Dec. 31, 2019 (11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time) will benefit from an “early-bird” entry fee of $375. For applications received Jan. 1, 2020, through Feb. 3, 2020, the entry fee will be $475.
- You will be able to pay online by credit card, or you can submit a check with your application made payable to M. Shanken Communications.
- Your current wine list
- Your current dinner menu
- A one-page cover letter on your restaurant letterhead describing your storage conditions, inventory, pricing and any other information you feel is relevant to your wine program. This cover letter must be in English.
All application materials should be mailed together to:
825 8th Ave, 33rd Fl.
New York, NY 10019
Be Advised: You now have the option to upload a head shot of the restaurant’s wine director or sommelier as well as three images of the restaurant during this stage of the application process. Please have your digital photo(s) ready before you start the online portion of the renewal application. The photos are not a requirement, but may be used to enhance your listing in the magazine, Restaurant Awards website and Restaurant Awards iOS app.
For more details about where Restaurant Award winners are featured in Wine Spectator products, visit our FAQ page.
For questions, concerns or comments, please email us at email@example.com.