Faidley Seafood's Crab Cakes
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 pound fresh lump Chesapeake blue crabmeat, drained
• 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
• 1 quart vegetable oil
• Tartar Sauce (see recipe below)
Step 1: In a medium-size bowl, mix together mayonnaise, egg, mustard, Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce and let rest for a few minutes. Fold crabmeat and cracker crumbs into the mixture, then form into eight patties or balls. Place the patties on a wax paper-lined tray, cover with a cloth or paper towel and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Step 2: In a large skillet, heat the oil to medium-high heat and fry crab cakes in batches for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Serve with Tartar Sauce. Makes 8 crab cakes.
Faidley Seafood's Tartar Sauce
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup onion, minced
• 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon pickle juice
Mix ingredients in a small bowl and chill for at least 1 hour.