• 2 frisée lettuce heads, extra-yellow
• 2 slices bacon
• 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
• 1 tablespoon Pommery mustard
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
• 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for croutons
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1/2 baguette
• 4 eggs
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 12 ounces chicken livers
• 1 bunch chives, chopped
• Salt and black pepper
• Pinch fleur de sel
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Clean and wash the frisée; pat dry. Keep only the yellow part.
3. Cut bacon in 1/4-inch pieces and sauté until crisp, and fat is rendered. Remove bacon from pan, and drain on paper towel.
4. For the dressing, combine shallots, mustard, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl, and allow to infuse for 30 minutes. Remove garlic, and add bacon.
5. Cut baguette into 1/2-inch cubes, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer, and roast in oven until golden brown.
6. Bring water to a boil in a shallow pot, and add a few drops of vinegar. Poach eggs for 3 minutes each. Reserve and keep warm on a towel.
7. Clean chicken livers and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat butter in a sauté pan until brown and fragrant. Add livers, and cook for 1 minute on each side. Deglaze the pan with remaining tablespoon of vinegar, and pour over livers.
8. Toss frisée with dressing. Add chives.
9. Divide salad among 4 10-inch plates. Top each pile with a poached egg.
10. Place chicken livers around salad and egg.
11. Finish with croutons, black pepper and fleur de sel. Serves 4.