Q: My husband drinks wine and has for years. He has developed a dermatitis condition recently and we were wondering if this could be caused by an allergic reaction to wine?
A: Pamela Georgeson, president and CEO of the Kenwood Allergy and Asthma Center in Chesterfield Township, Mich., responds:
"Typically, people aren't allergic to wine, and I've never seen anything in our allergy database about a dermatitis-type reaction to wine. However, anything is possible. Unfortunately, there is no real test that can determine whether one is allergic to wine. He could avoid drinking wine for a couple of weeks, and if he still has the dermatitis, then that would tell you wine is not the cause."
Have a question about wine and healthy living?E-mail us.
Sips & Tips | Wine & Healthy Living
Video Theater | Collecting & Auctions