Wine Spectator’s flagship WineRatings+ app, which provides quick access to around 300,000 expert wine reviews, is now available for the Android operating system, with a new version optimized for a wide range of current phone and tablet models. After first unveiling WineRatings+ for iPhones in 2012 and then iPads, Wine Spectator continues to expand the product to other popular platforms.
Designed for connoisseurs and casual wine drinkers, WineRatings+ is a comprehensive app that helps wine lovers make better choices, discover great values, learn about wine in general and stay updated on what’s new in wine. And now it can be used on all of your favorite Android devices, whether you want to quickly look up a specific wine on your phone or browse editors’ recommendations and read articles on a tablet.
Available now on the Google Play Store, the new version of WineRatings+ is a free download, with a mix of free and premium content. At no charge, you can explore Wine Spectator’s definitive vintage charts, watch entertaining videos, read informative articles and scan the app’s timely news feed. For $2.99 per month, subscribers receive access to the entire database of wine ratings, which are automatically updated with more than 1,000 new reviews each month, no download required.
Once you have a subscription to WineRatings+ on your Android device, you can easily add another phone or tablet to it. A single subscription can be installed on multiple devices using the same Google Play Store account simply by tapping "Enable This Device" on the subscription screen.
“Ever since we launched WineRatings+ for iPhone, our readers have been demanding an Android version,” said Marvin R. Shanken, editor and publisher of Wine Spectator. “We hope this new app will make our gold-standard wine reviews accessible to even more wine lovers around the world.”
Highlights of WineRatings+ include:
• Quick access to around 300,000 Wine Spectator wine reviews, with definitive ratings, detailed tasting notes, release prices, current auction prices and recommended drinking windows. Our database represents the most comprehensive and authoritative library of professional wine reviews in the world.
• Automatic updates (no download required) of more than 1,000 new Wine Spectator reviews each month, totaling more than 15,000 per year.
• An easy and efficient wine ratings search that provides instant results as you type. Use the filtering options—including price, score, producer, name, region and grape variety—to help you narrow results to your perfect choice.
• Updated values for more than 10,000 collectible wines. Current auction prices are displayed automatically each quarter, based on the latest sales.
• A “Picks” section that delivers frequently updated editors’ selections of top wines and values; use our lists to discover new producers and browse by category. For great buys among the most recent reviews, turn to "Classic Wines (95-100 Points)," newest "Reds and Whites $20 or Less (90+ Points)" and "Extreme Values $12 or Less." Or explore "Value Sparklers for Special Occasions," "Blue-Chip Collectibles" and our "Top 100 Wines for 2013"—our editors' latest list of the world's most exciting wines.
• Easy sharing of your favorite wines and articles. Subscribers can post links to news and feature stories on Twitter and Facebook or share Wine Spectator ratings for wines they enjoy, via e-mail or text message, with their family and friends.
• Seamless save features that log all recently viewed wines to the app’s home screen and let users “favorite” wines for future reference.
• Vintage Charts that cover 55 of the world’s principal wine regions and grape varieties. These assess the quality and character of each region’s wines and indicate if the wines are ready to drink now or would benefit from aging.
• Rich articles and entertaining videos that educate on the fundamentals of wine.
• A real-time news feed offering a timely view into current wine culture, with the latest reports and insights from WineSpectator.com.
The Wine Spectator WineRatings+ App is available for free from the Google Play Store or at https://play.google.com/store/apps. Access to the premium features requires a $2.99 monthly subscription, available via In-App Purchase. Existing subscribers to WineRatings+ can add other Android devices on their Google Play Store account for no additional charge.
For information about all of Wine Spectator's apps, visit apps.winespectator.com.