• 1 pound ground lamb
• 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 5 springs of thyme, minced
• 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 4 whole-wheat English muffins, halved
• 5 to 6 cups baby arugula greens
• 4 tablespoons fresh goat cheese, crumbled
1. In a large bowl, gently mix the ground lamb, cayenne pepper and some salt and pepper to taste. Form four balls from the mixture, then flatten each to 3/4 of an inch. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan over high heat, then add the patties and cook until medium-rare, about 3 minutes a side.
2. In the meantime, toast the English muffin halves and mix the garlic, thyme and mayonnaise together. When the patties are done, assemble the burgers with a generous spread of the mayonnaise mixture.
3. Toss the arugula and goat cheese with olive oil and salt, and maybe a splash of vinegar or lemon juice if you have some on hand, and divide between four plates alongside the burgers. Serves 4.