• 6 lamb sweetbreads, soaked in cold water overnight
• Grapeseed oil, for frying
• 6 2-ounce pieces lamb shoulder meat
• 6 3-ounce pieces of loin
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1 1/2 cups lamb demi-glace or reduced beef broth
• 3 sprigs peppermint
• 1 yellow crookneck squash, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
• 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
• 4 ounces yellow wax beans, blanched in salted water
• 4 ounces haricot verts, blanched in salted water
• 2 ears sweet corn, white or yellow, kernels removed
1. Drain the sweetbreads and transfer to a pot filled with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes, until sweetbreads are slightly firm. Transfer to an ice bath. Remove membrane and any gristle or veins. Pat dry and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Season the lamb shoulder with salt and pepper and cook until caramelized, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and let rest. Season loin with salt and pepper and sear quickly, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and let rest. Increase heat to medium-high and add a little bit more grapeseed oil. Season sweetbreads with salt and pepper, dust with flour, and add to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes per side until crisp. Set aside.
3. While the lamb is cooking, add wine to another pan and cook over medium-high heat until reduced by two-thirds. Add demi-glace and peppermint, and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes until thickened, then pass through a fine-mesh strainer.
4. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat with enough grapeseed oil to cover the bottom, and add squash, zucchini, wax beans and haricot verts. Do not add salt, as it prevents squash from caramelizing. Cook until vegetables color, about 3 minutes. Add corn and cook until tender, about 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To plate, place a spoonful of the vegetables on the edge of the plate. Slice the lamb loin on an angle and fan alongside the vegetables. Then slice the shoulder and fan beside the loin. Place the sweetbreads in front, and spoon sauce alongside the loin and shoulder. Serves 6.