• 4 tablespoons lemon juice
• 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
• 4 six-ounce salmon filets
• 8 medium-sized red potatoes, diced
• 1 leek, split in half lengthwise, dark green parts removed
• 1 small bunch lacinanto kale
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and butter. Brush the sauce over the salmon filets and reserve.
2. Bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to a boil. Add the diced potatoes and cook until tender, around 20 minutes. Strain and reserve.
3. Brush the halved leeks with cooking oil, season with salt, place on the grill and cook until charred. Remove, let cool, and then slice thinly and add to the potatoes.
4. Brush the kale leaves with oil, then place in a single layer on the grill and cook until charred, flipping once, around 3 to 4 minutes. Remove, let cool, then chop and add to the potatoes. Toss with olive oil, red wine vinegar and season with salt to taste. Reserve.
5. Rub the grill tray with cooking oil. Season the salmon filets with salt. Arrange the filets on the grill, skin-side down, and cook until done, turning once, around 6 minutes a side. Brush with additional butter sauce in the last 30 seconds. Remove from the grill and serve immediately with the potato salad. Serves 4.