• 1 tablespoon ground coriander
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger, plus 1 teaspoon
• 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, plus 1 tablespoon
• 1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed until clear
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas
• 5 ounces baby spinach
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Mix the coriander, cumin, 1 tablespoon of minced ginger, 1/2 cup lime juice and the coconut oil in a large nonreactive pan. Add the chicken breasts and coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. To make the side salad, place the chickpeas in a medium-sized pot of boiling salted water, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until heated through. In a large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 teaspoon minced ginger and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Strain the chickpeas and place into the bowl with the dressing and the spinach leaves. Season with salt, toss everything together and cover for 5 minutes to wilt the spinach. Reserve.
3. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, season with salt and place on the grill, discarding the marinade. Grill until the chicken reaches 155 degrees, around 4-5 minutes a side. Rest the chicken for 5 minutes, then serve immediately with the side salad. Serves 4.
Sips & Tips | Wine & Healthy Living
Video Theater | Collecting & Auctions