For the sandwiches:
• 2 zucchinis
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 4 sandwich-size pieces of flatbread (or foccacia rolls)
• 10 ounces fresh goat cheese
• 1/2 cup minced green olives
1. Using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin, slice long ribbons of zucchini lengthwise and reserve.
2. Using a bread knife, split each flatbread into two slices. Butter both sides of each flatbread slice. Spread the goat cheese in a thin layer on the interior portion of each slice. On the bottom side, spread one-quarter of the minced olives evenly and a thin layer of zucchini. Cover with the top. Repeat for four sandwiches.
3. Heat a heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the sandwiches as space allows and cook until the butter has browned on the bottom (around 2 to 3 minutes) and then flip carefully with a spatula. Cook until the butter has browned on the second side and the interior ingredients have heated through. Remove and serve immediately. Serves 4.
For the salad:
• 4 medium ripe tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons julienned basil leaves
1. Dice the tomatoes and place them in a large bowl. Dress with the sliced basil and two tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt to taste. Serves 4.
Sips & Tips | Wine & Healthy Living
Video Theater | Collecting & Auctions