Note: This recipe originally appeared in the article "A Tasty Family Meal and Sauvignon Blanc for Mother's Day."
• 1 cup pecans
• 1 head escarole, cored and coarsely chopped
• 1 Granny Smith apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
• 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
For the dressing:
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
• 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
• 1/2 teaspoon Sherry vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint
1. Spread the pecans in a large dry skillet and toast over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring and watching carefully so they do not burn. Transfer to a plate to cool.
2. Combine the escarole, apple, pecans and onion in a large serving bowl.
3. To make the dressing, combine all ingredients except the mint in a small bowl and mix well.
4. Toss the salad with the dressing, sprinkle with the mint, and serve. Serves 4 to 6.
Sips & Tips | Wine & Healthy Living
Video Theater | Collecting & Auctions