• 1 medium kabocha squash, peeled, seeded and diced into bite-sized cubes
• 1 bunch green kale, stemmed
• 8 slices pancetta
• 12 ounces dried penne pasta
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 12 ounces whole milk ricotta
• 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Toss the squash cubes with cooking oil, season with salt, place them on a sheet pan and roast until they are done, stirring occasionally, around 30 minutes.
2. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, then add the kale and cook until done, around 4 minutes, then strain and reserve.
3. In a medium sauté pan, crisp the pancetta over medium-high heat, then remove and reserve.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add the pasta and cook to the manufacturer’s instructions. Strain and reserve.
5. In a large sauté pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat and cook until slightly browned. Add the squash pieces, kale and pasta and cook until heated through. Divide the pasta and squash mixture into four bowls and top with crumbled pancetta, a few spoonfuls of ricotta and toasted pine nuts. Serves 4.
Sips & Tips | Wine & Healthy Living
Video Theater | Collecting & Auctions