• 1 leek, thinly sliced
• 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
• 2 medium-size Yukon gold potatoes, diced
• 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into tiny florets
• 2 teaspoons herbs de Provence
• 2 cups good quality chicken stock
• 1 cup red wine
• 1 package of defrosted store-bought puff pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. In a large oven-safe skillet or glass baking pan, toss all the vegetables with enough cooking oil to coat them evenly and season with the herbs de Provence and salt to taste. Place the vegetables in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. In a medium-size sauce pan, cook the stock and wine over high heat until boiling, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the mixture has been reduced by half. Season with salt.
3. Take the vegetable mix out of the oven. Pour the reduced stock and wine mixture over the vegetables. Cover the vegetables with a single layer of puff pastry and trim the edges to fit the pan. Brush the puff pastry with oil or melted butter and salt. Return the pan to the oven and cook until the puff pastry is browned, around 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve. Serves 4.