• 1 baguette, sliced into at least 2 large croutons per person
• 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
• 2 pints cherry tomatoes
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 cup sliced almonds
• 1 1/2 pounds rock shrimp
1. Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and toast them in either the oven at 400° F or in a sauté pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Reserve.
2. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, toast the sliced almonds until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Reserve.
3. In a large sauté pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced bell pepper and sauté until soft, around 3 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic and red pepper flakes and continue to cook until the cherry tomatoes begin to burst, around 5 to 7 minutes. Add the rock shrimp and continue to cook until the shrimp are done, another 3 to 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt to taste and remove from the stove.
4. Stir in the almonds, divide into 4 bowls and serve immediately with the crisped croutons. Serves 4.
Sips & Tips | Wine & Healthy Living
Video Theater | Collecting & Auctions