• 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons pimentón de La Vera (Spanish smoked paprika)
• 4 chicken breasts
• 1 cup barley
• 2 cups trimmed green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1/2 cup chopped parsley
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. In a large bowl, mix the yogurt with the garlic and pimentón de La Vera. Add the chicken breasts, turning to coat in the mixture, and let marinate overnight or at least 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the barley and cook until tender, around 20 to 25 minutes. Bring a medium-size pot of salted water to a boil, add the green beans and cook until tender, around 2 minutes. Strain the barley and green beans, then combine with the parsley and almonds in a large bowl, and dress with olive oil.
3. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, season with salt on both sides, and grill until cooked through, around 4 minutes per side. Serve immediately, with the barley salad on the side. Serves 4.
Sips & Tips | Wine & Healthy Living
Video Theater | Collecting & Auctions