• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
• 1 anchovy, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
• 2 lemons
• 1 1/4 pound halibut (or other firm white fish) cut into 4 individual fillets
• 1/2 cup coarse ground cornmeal
• 1 tablespoon chopped chives (optional, for garnish)
1. Mix the mayonnaise, capers, anchovy and parsley with the juice from one lemon in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Pour the cornmeal onto a plate. Season the halibut fillets with salt, then dredge both sides in cornmeal. Pat off the excess cornmeal.
3. Heat two tablespoons of cooking oil in a heavy-bottomed sauté pan (cast iron is ideal), then add the cornmeal-covered fillets. Cook until browned on one side, around 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and continue cooking until the fish is ready, another 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the mayonnaise sauce and a wedge of lemon, garnished with chives if desired. Serves 4.