• 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
• 4 individual-size ciabatta rolls
• 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, minced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 anchovy fillets, minced
• Zest of one lemon (reserve juice for salad)
For the carrot salad:
• 1 pound carrots
• 2 shallots, thinly sliced
For the burgers:
1. Form the ground beef into 4 round patties at 1/2-inch thickness. Season with salt and set aside to rest.
2. Mix the parsley, anchovy fillets, garlic and lemon zest together with 1/2 cup olive oil. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
3. Slice the ciabatta rolls in half to form buns, then toast them, either on a skillet or in the oven.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a large heavy-bottomed sauté pan over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the beef patties and cook until they reach the desired level of doneness, 2 to 3 minutes a side for rare, 4 minutes a side for medium and 5 to 6 minutes a side for well done. Remove the patties to a cutting board or plate and let them rest for 5 minutes.
5. To serve, assemble the burgers on the ciabatta rolls with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the parsley mixture on top. Serves 4.
For the salad:
1. Grate the carrots using the largest holes on the grater. Toss with the shallots, 3 tablespoons olive oil and half of the juice of the lemon from the burger recipe. Season with salt to taste and serve.
Sips & Tips | Wine & Healthy Living
Video Theater | Collecting & Auctions