• 2 medium lobsters, about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds each
• 1/2 cup (or more) mayonnaise
• 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
• 1/4 cup finely grated red onion
• 3 tablespoons chopped parsley or chervil
• 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• 4 split-top hotdog rolls or other sandwich rolls
• 1 tablespoon butter, softened at room temperature
• 8 tender Boston, Romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
1. In a pot large enough to hold the lobsters, boil enough salted water to submerge them. Humanely kill the lobsters, one at a time, by placing them perpindicular to you on a cutting board. Tuck the lobster's tail underneath its body. Quickly insert the tip of a large chef's knife at the point where the head meets the body and slice vertically through the lobster's head. Then immediately put the lobsters in the pot and let them boil, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well.
2. When the lobster is cool enough to handle, crack the shell and remove the meat, then discard the shell. Dice the meat and combine it in a bowl with the mayonnaise, cucumber, onion, parsley, celery seed and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toast the rolls to light golden-brown and spread 1/4 of the butter on each roll. Line each roll with 2 lettuce leaves and divide the lobster salad evenly between the four rolls. Serve with lemon wedges alongside, if desired. Serves 4.
Sips & Tips | Wine & Healthy Living
Video Theater | Collecting & Auctions