Just in time for the summer travel season, Wine Spectator, the world’s leading authority on wine, has released the 2012 edition of its iPad travel app: Wine Spectator’s Guide to Napa Valley. The app, first released in fall 2011, has been updated with more than 100 new wine reviews and four dozen additional editors’ recommendations on the region’s top wineries, restaurants, hotels and attractions to visit.
The app is built for wine lovers who wish to plan their perfect trip to Napa Valley or learn more about its wines, particularly Cabernet Sauvignon, its star player. Wine Spectator’s California editors have reviewed each of the 200-plus venues included to ensure that they deliver the quality expected by our readers.
In addition, Wine Spectator’s Guide to Napa Valley contains rich articles, beautiful high-resolution photographs optimized for the new iPad’s “retina display,” and access to more than 440 reviews of top-scoring Napa Valley wines, including 280 Cabernets and the region’s other major varieties.
Features of the app include:
• Trip planner to Napa Valley with more than 200 recommendations from our California editors on where to stay, where to dine and which wineries and other attractions to visit
• Interactive map view that plots editor-recommended Napa Valley destinations, with quick filtering
• Rich articles on the history of California wine, the geography and appellations of Napa Valley, the characteristics of Cabernet Sauvignon and how it is made
• Food pairing suggestions for Cabernet, plus recipes from top chefs
• Access to more than 440 Wine Spectator reviews of top-scoring Napa wines—including 280 Cabernets, plus Chardonnay, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel—with the ability to filter and sort by score, price and vintage
• Stunning, high-resolution photography created exclusively for the app
• Easy navigation with multiple ways to browse the app, as well as interactive in-page slideshows
• Pop-up definitions to quickly define complex wine terms
The 2012 edition of Wine Spectator’s Guide to Napa Valley can be purchased from the App Store or by visiting apps.winespectator.com.
Customers who have previously purchased the 2011 edition will be able to update the Guide to Napa Valley, via the App Store, at no cost.
Sips & Tips | Wine & Healthy Living
Video Theater | Collecting & Auctions