• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 3 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms (around 1 lb.)
• 4 red potatoes, very thinly sliced
• 3 cups thinly sliced Savoy or green cabbage (around half of a medium head of cabbage)
• 1 cup white wine (use whatever you opened)
• 1 1/4 pound striped bass or other white fish, cut into 4 portions
• 4 radishes, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
• 1 lemon
1. In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil over medium-high heat until shimmering, around 30 seconds. Add the onion and cook until just softened, around 1 minute, then add the mushrooms and continue cooking until they begin to release their water, around 3 minutes. Add the cabbage and the potatoes and continue to cook until soft, around 3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt.
2. Add the wine to the pan with the vegetables and stir gently. Season the fish with salt and a dash of olive oil. When the wine comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and place the four pieces of fish directly onto the cabbage and shiitake mixture. Cover the pan and cook until the fish is done, around 5 to 7 minutes. Divide evenly on four plates and garnish with sliced radishes and parsley and a wedge of lemon. Serves 4.
Sips & Tips | Wine & Healthy Living
Video Theater | Collecting & Auctions