Just in time for the harvest travel season, Wine Spectator, the world’s leading authority on wine, has released an innovative new iPad travel app: Wine Spectator’s Guide to Napa Valley. This app delivers Wine Spectator’s expert editorial content on Napa Valley in a unique format that blends the reading experience of the magazine with the interactivity of a digital travel guide.
The app is built for wine lovers who wish to plan their perfect trip to Napa Valley or learn more about its wines, particularly Cabernet Sauvignon, its star player. Wine Spectator’s Guide to Napa Valley shares our editors’ recommendations on the top hotels, restaurants, attractions and wineries of the region; every venue included has been reviewed by Wine Spectator’s California editors to ensure that they deliver the quality expected by our readers.
In addition, the app contains rich articles, beautiful photographs and special access to more than 400 reviews of top-scoring Napa Valley wines, including 240 Cabernets and the region’s other major varieties.
“As tablet devices proliferate in the marketplace, consumers are seeking quality wine content that’s built to take advantage of the new format,” said Marvin R. Shanken, chairman of M. Shanken Communications, publisher of Wine Spectator. “Wine Spectator’s Guide to Napa Valley is our company’s first step to addressing this important need.”
Features of the app include:
• Trip planner to Napa Valley with our California editors’ recommendations on where to stay, where to dine and which wineries and other attractions to visit
• Interactive map view that plots editor-recommended Napa Valley destinations, with quick filtering
• Rich articles on the history of California wine, the geography and appellations of Napa Valley, the characteristics of Cabernet Sauvignon and how it is made
• Food pairing suggestions for Cabernet, plus recipes from top chefs
• Access to more than 400 Wine Spectator reviews of top-scoring Napa wines—including 240 Cabernets, plus Chardonnay, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc and Zinfandel—with the ability to filter and sort by score, price and vintage
• Stunning photography created exclusively for the app
• Easy navigation with multiple ways to browse the app, as well as interactive in-page slideshows
• Pop-up definitions to quickly define complex wine terms
Wine Spectator’s Guide to Napa Valley can be purchased from the App Store for $4.99 or by visiting http://apps.winespectator.com.