2007 Wine Spectator Online Video Contest
Love wine? Enjoy making videos? Then we invite you to submit your wine videos to Wine Spectator's first video contest
Posted: March 8, 2007
What are we looking for?
We are looking for short, non-commercial videos that are educational, entertaining and technically accomplished. The subjects could be interviews with winemakers, chefs or sommeliers, tours of wineries, tastings of selected wines or simply adventures with wine. (For examples and inspiration, see the free videos posted on Wine Spectator Online)
Wine Spectator editors will select the best videos, which will be posted on Wine Spectator Online. Stay tuned for more information.
1. The creator of the winning video will receive two complimentary registrations to the New York Wine Experience in October, 2007. The winning video may be shown as part of the official program.
2. The finalists, as chosen by our editors, will each receive two tickets to the Grand Tastings at the New York Wine Experience in October, 2007. These videos will be posted on Wine Spectator Online.
3. Everyone who submits a video judged by our editors as a valid submission will receive their choice of either a one-year subscription to Wine Spectator Online or any course at Wine Spectator School. (Only one per entrant.)
- Videos must be a minimum of 45 seconds long and must not exceed 3 minutes.
- The entrant and all persons appearing in the video must be 21 years of age or older.
- Videos must not contain any copyrighted material (including background music).
- Videos must be the entrant's original creation.
- Videos cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Wine Spectator.
- Videos must not be for commercial purposes.
Wine Spectator is not responsible for any reviews posted by entrants.
- Videos must be in the English language.
- If your video includes persons other than yourself, you must have consent from those persons to appear in your video and in this contest.
Wine Spectator reserves the right to reject, not to use or make available for public viewing, or at any time remove any video that Wine Spectator finds unsuitable for any reason at its sole discretion.
- Multiple entries are allowed, but each entrant can receive only one Wine Experience prize, as well as one subscription or course.
The video file size must be no larger than 100MB.
To upload your video to Brightcove, your computer should be running one of these platforms:
Windows: WinXP, WinXP SP2, Win2000
Mac: MacOSx 10.2 and later
Windows browsers: IE 6, IE 7, Firefox 1.5, Firefox 2.0
Mac browsers: Safari, IE, Firefox
We accept these video file formats:
- 3GP, .AVI, .DV, h.264, .MPEG2, .MPEG4, Quicktime, .WMV
How to submit your video
- Create an account below to access the upload tool. It's free and fast.
- In the upload tool that appears, browse your computer to select your video.
- Give your video a short title.
- Give your video a brief description, telling us what it's about. Remember to include your name, e-mail address and phone number, along with all the stars' names.
- Assign a few "tags" or keywords for your video (winery, region, topic, etc.).
- Upload your file.
If you have any questions, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Note: If the upload tool says that it's currently unavailable, refresh this page and try again.