involves using your senses of taste, touch and smell to evaluate a wine's Taste, Body
How to Sip
- The sense that we call "taste" has two parts:
- A sensation of taste-sweet, sour/tart or bitter-which is perceived by the taste buds, and
- related feelings (mouthfeel) in the mouth.
- Because both occur simultaneously, we do not usually think of the sensation of taste as different from mouthfeel.
- When tasting wine, we usually perceive sweet first, followed by tart and finally bitter.
- In the white wines of Class One, acidity was the dominant taste. In...