Course: Understanding Wine
SNIFF: Aroma Intensity and Identification
Identification involves swirling and sniffing the wine and giving a name to each aroma. Of all the steps in tasting wine, identification is the most involved, and takes a bit of practice to master. The following guidelines will help you through the process as you develop your skill at identification:
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.