- When we smell a wine's aromas, we begin by first judging their Intensity.
- Intensity answers the question "How powerful - or faint - are the aromas?"
- Try to do the following process in a single sniff per wine; form an impression and go on to the next step. Remember that, like any skill, you will improve at this with experience.
- Swirl and sniff the Beaujolais.
- Are the aromas powerful? Do they pour out the glass and immediately fill your nose?
- Are they faint, or hard to detect?
- Circle the intensity on your Tasting Worksheet that best describes the intensity of the Gamay's aromas.