Course: Understanding Wine
sniff: aroma intensity and identification...
If you put your glass of Beaujolais to your nose and smell strawberry, it is because the same --or nearly the same-- combination of esters that makes a strawberry smell like a strawberry is also there in the wine.
Wine is capable of great aromatic complexity, and it is possible for a single wine to smell of many things -- for example, currant, plum, herbs, smoke and earth.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.