Course: Understanding Wine
sniff: aroma intensity and identification...
If you put your glass of Beaujolais to your nose and smell strawberry, it is because the same --or nearly the same-- combination of esters that makes a strawberry smell like a strawberry is also there in the wine.
Wine is capable of great aromatic complexity, and it is possible for a single wine to smell of many things -- for example, currant, plum, herbs, smoke and earth.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.