- Because both of these are everyday, value wines, you should not expect them to be highly complex or to have a long finish.
- In this concluding process, evaluate aftertaste, finish and complexity if you wish, but pay particular attention to the wine's balance. Specifically, ask yourself whether the tannins and acidity overwhelm the fruit or achieve an acceptable balance with it.
- Finally, ask yourself if the wines are enjoyable.
Mark observations on your Tasting Worksheet.
- Sip, swish and swallow the Bordeaux.
- Does the fruit stand up to the tannins, or is the fruit overpowered by rough and drying sensations?
- Do you find this to be an enjoyable wine to drink? Would you buy a second bottle?
- Now sip, swish and swallow your Côtes du Rhône.