Course: Understanding Wine
SEE: Clarity, Color, Intensity, Legs
Legs are the rivulets of wine that form and flow down the inside of a wine glass after the wine has been swirled.
Legs are indicators of body weight, but not wine quality. The more pronounced the legs and the longer they last, the higher the alcohol content and the more full-bodied the wine is.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.