White wines have three main components: fruit, acidity and alcohol. Red wines have four: tannin is the additional ingredient.
Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel associated with tannin can be compared to the textures of different materials:
Body: Red wines are generally more full-bodied and heavier than whites because they include tannins and pigments....
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.