White wines have three main components: fruit, acidity and alcohol. Red wines have four: tannin is the additional ingredient.
Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel associated with tannin can be compared to the textures of different materials:
Body: Red wines are generally more full-bodied and heavier than whites because they include tannins and pigments....
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.