Course: Understanding Wine
a final word
Since each of us has distinctly different sensory thresholds and preferences for many wine and food components, what you taste and what you like are personal and subjective. It all comes down to the maxim "train your palate and trust your taste," which is what you've been doing throughout this course.
Having completed Understanding Wine, you now know more about wine and your own taste preferences than most wine lovers. This --along with your ability to describe wines, your own likes and dislikes-- has increased the likelihood that you will end up drinking wines you enjoy.
Even though taste is highly personal, the enjoyment of wine brings us together, expanding and deepening the conversations we have with...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.