Course: Understanding Wine
Class 9: Winegrowing and Winemaking
sip: taste, body, flavor
Taste and Body
- Sip, swish and spit each wine.
- Is the unoaked Chardonnay firmer, more acidic than the oaked? Livelier on the palate?
- Does the oaked Chardonnay have a softer, fuller body than the unoaked? More alcohol? Any creamy sensations in the mouth?
- Do the flavors of each wine echo their respective aromas?
Ready to enroll? First, you must register for a membership to WineSpectator.com. Your membership benefits include:
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
Log In If You're Already a WineSpectator.com Member
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.