Course: Understanding Wine
Class 6: Traveling the Old World
sniff: intensity and identification
- Swirl and sniff your Rioja Reserva.
- Can you detect any vanilla aromas from wood aging? Any raspberry, tobacco or cherry?
- Note the aromas and their intensity on your worksheet.
- Swirl and sniff your Chianti Classico: Do you find any red cherry, earth, olive, tobacco or rose petal aromas?
- Note your worksheet.
- How do the aromas of the two wines compare? Their intensity?
- Is one wine less fruity than the other?
- Is one more woody than the other?
Ready to enroll? First, you must register for a membership to WineSpectator.com. Your membership benefits include:
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
Log In If You're Already a WineSpectator.com Member
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.