Course: Understanding Wine
sniff: intensity and identification
In all the previous tastings, judging the intensity of the wine's aromas and identifying them have been done as separate steps. Beginning with this tasting, and continuing to the end of this course, combine these two steps into a single process. With your first sniff of the wine, evaluate its intensity, then see how many aromas you can identify. In your second and third sniffs, complete the identification process.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.