GRAVES: CÉRONS, BARSAC AND SAUTERNES
Although some of the wines are now among the most sought after and expensive in the world, this wasn't always the case. Sweet wines went out of vogue in the 1960s and '70s, leaving producers without the funds to properly maintain their vineyards. A fall in wine quality resulted.
It wasn't until the outstanding vintage of 1983 garnered critical praise and consumer attention that sales increased dramatically. Top producers haven't looked back since and are again investing in their vineyards and making luscious sweet...
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? WineSpectator.com seeks a highly motivated digital journalist for an assistant editor position in its New York editorial department.