4S: SEE, SNIFF, SIP, SUMMARIZE
The first step is to look at each of the four wines. Compare their color and intensity.
Pick up your Margaux and your St.-Julien, one glass in each hand. Tilt the glasses at a 45 degree angle and compare the color and intensity of the wines. Then put down St.-Julien and pick up the Pauillac. Finally, examine the St.-Estèphe against the Pauillac.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.