4S: SEE, SNIFF, SIP, SUMMARIZE
The first step is to look at each of the four wines. Compare their color and intensity.
Pick up your Margaux and your St.-Julien, one glass in each hand. Tilt the glasses at a 45 degree angle and compare the color and intensity of the wines. Then put down St.-Julien and pick up the Pauillac. Finally, examine the St.-Estèphe against the Pauillac.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.