4S: SEE, SNIFF, SIP, SUMMARIZE
The first step is to look at each of the three wines. Compare their color and intensity.
Pick up your first two wines, one glass in each hand. Tilt the glasses at a 45 degree angle and compare the color and intensity of the wines. Then put down one of the glasses and pick up the third.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? WineSpectator.com seeks a highly motivated digital journalist for an assistant editor position in its New York editorial department.