Château Lafite's chai, or barrel room.
Most are not this palatial.
These words are often used in conjunction with wines and wineries in France. To hear the pronunciation of a word, click on the megaphone icon next to it.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.