Château Lafite's chai, or barrel room.
Most are not this palatial.
These words are often used in conjunction with wines and wineries in France. To hear the pronunciation of a word, click on the megaphone icon next to it.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.