Course: Understanding Wine
food pairing with riesling
Riesling is known for its crisp acidity. This series of pairings demonstrates how the wine's acidity interacts with salt, acidity and fat in food.
How does the Riesling taste now?
Probably not, since the saltine is fairly neutral and doesn't have any components that interact with white wine.
• FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
• Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
• FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
• E-newsletters with advance ratings
• Editors’ blogs
• Food and wine matching tool
• And much more
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.
Passionate about wine? Wine Spectator magazine is looking for an enthusiastic copy editor in the New York office.