Class 9: Winegrowing and Winemaking
see: clarity, color, intensity, legs
- Are both wines clear or bright?
Color and Intensity
- Is the unoaked wine paler, less intense than the oaked wine? Any tinges of green? Is the oaked wine darker, more intense?
- The color of both wines typically ranges from straw to gold. Unoaked Chardonnay is usually medium in intensity; oaked, medium to dark.
- Does one wine have more prominent legs, or are they about the same?
Ready to enroll?
First, you must register for a membership to WineSpectator.com. Your membership benefits include:
- FREE enrollment in any course at Wine Spectator School
- Over 230,000 searchable ratings and tasting notes
- FREE mobile access so you can research wines wherever you are
- E-newsletters with advance ratings
- Editors’ blogs
- Food and wine matching tool
- And much more
Log In If You're Already a WineSpectator.com Member
If you have questions about Wine Spectator School, please contact us.